A HOME AWAY FROM HOME
The two impressive Boarding Houses, artistically designed Maharani Hemlata Rajye Hostel and Meera Hostel of Rajmata Krishna Kumari Girls’ Public School are a ‘Home Away From Home’ for about 200 girls from different cities and regions.
Well-maintained verdant green sprawling lawns and spacious dorms ensure a safe haven and a model for nurturing sound body and steady mind for the blossoming boarders.
Here a magnificent association between the students and Housemistresses and Wardens, the Foster mothers with long years of experience and dedicated pastoral care is extraordinarily existent. They are assisted by skilled and dedicated domestic staff, round-the-clock ensuring that the students’ stay boarding is comfortable and all their intellectual, spiritual, social and physical needs are met independently or collaboratively but promptly and efficiently.
Care is taken to look after Academic preparation, Sports and fitness, Personality Development, Cultural enrichment, talent hunt, skill development, catering significant needs of every boarder and getting them prepared for a strong career and life ahead.
By scheduling and monitoring study hours, dining and rest time, sports, yoga, prep- time and utilization of all school amenities, the boarding provides them a treasure of occasions for extracurricular recreations.
Some of the state-of-the-art amenities and other facilities provided in the Hostel are :
- All dormitories are air cooled, spacious and well-maintained with adequate amenities.
- Each student has an independent unit consisting of a bed, wardrobe, study table, chair and shelves.
- Children are accommodated in dorms according to their age and class.
- Children are permitted to contact and meet their parents on a preset and pre-announced days and on request at certain times.
PREP CLASSES & COACHING
- If required, there is an additional teaching available within the Hostel.
- Coaching classes are organized in boarding houses by expert tutors.
- Boarders are facilitated with the Prep Classes and necessary study materials and tips for appearing confidently in all exams.
- Teachers of different subjects are available to offer additional academic guidance after school hours within the premises
SPORTS AND GAMES
Excellent infrastructure for sports and games in Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Tennis, Handball, Hockey, Kho-Kho, Dodgeball, Kabaddi, Shooting, Swimming, Skating with explicit coaching and training by capable Physical Trained Instructors shape the sporting skills of the boarders. Athletics offer a laudable contribution to an all round development of boarders. Full-fledged facility and training towards Track activities- Sprints, Discuss Throw, Javelin Throw, Shot Put, Relay Races, Hurdle Race help them to become top achievers at the national level participation.
Workshops, Career Counseling, Spic Macay, Sessions & Orientations are a persistent feature to ensure that the boarders are kept abreast of the latest developments in the field of education.
RECREATION AND LEARNING
- Indian, Folk and Western dances, Theatre, Western, Classical, Vocal and Instrumental Music, Art & Craft, Fine Arts, Painting give wings to the creativity, inner strength, self–esteem, confidence and moral strength of the boarders.
- After school hours students are encouraged to participate in recreational activities. ‘Special assemblies and evenings’ provide a chance to the students to showcase their talent in dramatics, dance, music, theatre and other stage management events.
- On weekends, the dormitories are buzzing with activities, programmed with boundless fun & frolic with matches, birthday celebrations, outings, movies, cultural programmes, bonfire, DJ, visits, tours, excursions & leisure hours.
- Outings are arranged for hostel children on short holidays.
MEALS & CUISINE
- The menu for the boarders is made by Dietician and Nutritionist keeping in mind the dietary requirements of the children. It is changed from time to time so as to give the children a change.
- Boarders are provided with a wide variety of cuisines including South Indian, North Indian, Chinese and Continental.
- Food prepared in the kitchen is tasted by a senior member of the staff before being served.
The school has an ultramodern CCTV surveillance system covering the campus to provide round-the-clock safety and security for the students and a well -established support system including haircutting, laundry, tailoring etc.
The School has comprehensive Health Care facilities staffed by nurse and maids round the clock. Health Care facilities of school are well equipped to deal with all normal health situations. For serious problems students are referred to renowned hospitals. A strict Health Record including periodic health checkups of all the boarders is maintained. A close-knit atmosphere, serene surroundings, strong bonding and camaraderie, supportive and caring environment, Individualized attention , sense of "connectedness" and "belongingness is what makes the RKK'S Boarding apart from others and truly a 'Home Away From Home' that helps boarders to meet the grand challenges of humanity both locally and globally. No student wants to leave or even after leaving the school miss the sense of belonging and ownership so much that they keep contributing as influential members of the school.