HISTORY OF RKK
Rajmata Krishna Kumari Girls’ Public School is a Residential-cum-Day Boarding School situated in Jodhpur, Western Rajasthan. It was a dream of Her Highness Rajmata Krishna Kumari Sahiba of Jodhpur to establish a prestigious English medium school for girls. Her dream and vision came true when His Highness Maharaja Gaj Singh-II of Marwar founded Rajmata Krishna Kumari Girls’ Public School on 20th July 1992.
The school was inaugurated by Her Majesty the Queen of Nepal. It runs under the auspices of His Highness Maharaja Hanwant Singh Charitable Trust. It is administrated by a Board of Governors with His Highness Maharaja Gaj Singh - II of Marwar as the Chief Patron & Chairman of the Board. Other members of the Board comprise eminent citizens and educationists. The School is a prominent member of a number of reputed bodies like Round Square, Indian Public School Conference (IPSC), AFS India, British Council, International Award for Young People (IAYP), MU20 & Boarding Schools’ Association of India (BSAI).
Mrs. Jyotsna Brar, Former Principal of Welham Girls’ School, Dehradun was its Founder Principal succeeded by Mrs Sangita Chima, Former Principal of Lawrence School, Lovedale, Ooty and present Principal of Amity School, Dubai. Today, Rajmata Krishna Kumari Girls’ Public School stands tall & proud as Senior Secondary School with Mrs Neera Singh as the Principal and more than 1700 students on roll. The School caters to the needs of students pan India and abroad. The co- education facility exists till Class V. It is affiliated to the CBSE Board with all three streams – Science, Humanities and Commerce with a number of subject choices.
Nestled in the desert sands of the Marwar Region in Rajasthan, the school is an oasis that unfolds its treasure to a fabulous world of knowledge. RKK keeps abreast of the changing times and ever changing frontiers of knowledge. Believing in preserving the values, principles, ethos inherited from the past, we motivate & train our students to pursue the path of success relentlessly never succumbing to occasional failures. The school curriculum equip the students with the new age skills, new tools of technology, holistic perspective of real world and high quality, innovative and creative activities. Every RKKian is prepared to be an empowered Global Citizen through promoting Internationalism, fostering Democracy, enhancing Environment stewardship, embracing Adventure, nurturing Leadership and rendering selfless Service in a harmonious pursuit of excellence.
RKK follows the principle of primary interest of students and commitment towards their comprehensive growth. It is contributing immensely by nurturing the rich Indian values blended with the best modern day educational needs. Our comprehensive education model goes beyond textbooks, assessments and confines of classrooms. Ordinary talent, extraordinary perseverance, coupled with humble devotion towards Schooling Children for Life, best describes the ethos of RKK that aims at producing confident and self-reliant future citizens. It is an Academic Home for the Day Scholars and Boarders where they are groomed in an affectionate educational environment for unlocking the door to their personal excellence. School has left indelible marks in the form of its Alumni who are performing extremely well at the regional, national and global fronts and have reached top position in their chosen fields, helping to set international benchmark that extends beyond national boundaries.
Defining moments are in abundance every year. Nomination of the Prefects, Investiture Ceremony, Cordial Welcome of the New Entrants, Inter House events, participation in Confluences, Conclaves, Conferences, Inter School Competitions, Model United Nations, Debates, Declamations, Street Plays, Farewell of outgoing Batch, District, State, Regional, National, CBSE, IPSC, SGFI Sports Tournaments, AFS Inter Cultural Exchange Programs, Sending and Hosting on National & International platform, Workshops, Seminars, Orientations, Sessions for Students & Teachers, Spic Macay performances, Multiple Club activities etc. open windows of exploration and possibilities for our dear students.
The students are regularly exposed to Spiritual Gurus and Motivational Speakers. It has been a matter of pride & privilege to host prominent personalities like His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Art of Living Guru – Pt. Shri Shri Ravi Shankar, Pradeep Upadhayay, Astro Uncle Pawan Sinha and many more. Eminent personalities like Ex- Comptroller Auditor General of India Mr. Vinod Rai, Social Activists Dr. (Mrs) Kiran Bedi, Professor M G K Menon, Director IIM Bangalore, Journalist Tavleen Singh, Prof. N L Mitra of NLU, famous Artist - Teejan Bai, Social Activist Mrs Aruna Roy etc. have frequently interacted with students.
Founder’s Days of School are very special as nothing is outsourced and everything is achieved by the faculty and the students. We have had the privilege of having very eminent and inspiring Chief Guests over the years like –
- Mr Shatrugan Sinha, Actor & Politician
- Ms Nandita Das, Actress, Director
- Ms Nafisa Ali Sodhi, Social Activist
- Mrs Munmun Sen, Actress
- Mrs Sharmila Tagore, Model, Actress
- Mr Farooq Sheikh, Actor & Theater Personality
- Mr Nitesh Tiwari, Indian Film Directors and Screenwriter
- Mrs Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari , Indian Film Directors and Screenwriter
- Ms Lillete Dubey, Eminent Actor & Director
- Padma Shri Geeta Chandran, Indian Bharatanatyam Dancer and Vocalist
- Ms Ryal Padmsee, Actor, Theatre Personality
- Mr Victor Banerjee, Actor
- Ms Tavleen Singh Journalist, Author and Columnist
- Ms Sanjana Kapoor, Actress, Theatre Personality
- Mr Vinod Rai, Ex-Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- Mrs Rajshree Birla, Chairperson, Aditya Birla Group of Companies, Padam Bhushan Awardee
- Dr (Mrs) Kiran Bedi, Politician, Social Activist, retired IPS Officer
- Mr Pawan Verma, IFS, Joint Secretary - Ministry of External Affairs
- Her Highness Maharani Gayatri Devi of the Royal Family of Jaipur
- Her Highness Maharani Chandresh Kumari Katoch
- Mr Rajendra Singh, Waterman of India, Magsaysay Awardee
- Justice Nirmaljeet Kaur, Rajasthan High Court
- Prof. N L Mitra, Vice Chancellor of NLU Jodhpur
- Prof. MGK Menon, Padma Vibhushan Awardee, Secretary Government of India (Electronics, Science and Technology, Defence Research, Environment)
- Mr YC Deveshwar, Chairman ITC
- Dr Karan Singh, Author, Statesman, Educationist, Environmentalist
- Air Chief Marshal Shashindra Pal Tyagi, Central Air Command
- Mr Maroof Raza, Consulting Editor (Strategic Affairs)
- Dr Meenakshi Gopinath, Indian Educationist, Political Scientist, Writer and a Former Principal of Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi
- Mrs Jyotsna Brar, Former Principal of Welham Girls' School, Dehradun.
- Mrs Sonia Singh, Editorial Director and President of the NDTV Ethics Committee.
- Mr Sunil Arora, 23rd Chief Election Commissioner of India & Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officer of Rajasthan Cadre
- Mrs Lata Vaidyanathan, recipient of ‘National Award” by the President of India.
- Mrs Geeta Chandran, Indian Bharatanatyam Dancer and Vocalist.
- Capt. A.J. Singh, Former Chairman IPSC & Director Executive, Pinegrove School, Solan
- Lt Gen Surendra Kulkarni, PVSM, AVSM, VSM** (Retd.), Director Mayo College Boys’ School, Ajmer
- Ms Barkha Dutt, Author, Columnist & Founding Editor, Mojo Story.
- Dr Shelja Sen Narrative Therapist & Family Therapist, Writer Co-founder Children First & Dr Amit Sen, Senior Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist Co-Founder Children First