Our Eminent Guests
"The aim of education is not the acquisition of information, although important, or acquisition of technical skills, though essential in modern society, but the development of that bent of mind, that attitude of reason, that spirit of democracy which will make us responsible citizens."
At RKK each child is special and has a personality to be nurtured. The school is known for organizing and taking up activities on Internationalism, Democracy, Environment, Adventure, Leadership, Service, love, peace, harmony and togetherness. Curriculum is designed to engage students with an assortment and all compassing of activities and inter-connected learning prospects to develop their forte. Annual Function, Sports Day, Foundation Day, Investiture Ceremony, Farewell, Conferences and other events endorsed and schematized by the school with great fervor and passion are the testimony of the significance of these events celebrated every academic year.
Annual Function is the most celebrated event in the school where maximum or the entire school community participates with keen enthusiasm. Students, teachers, parents, dignitaries, celebrities and other guest faculties are invited to make the event very goal-oriented. Performance of the students, acknowledgment and appreciation of student’s talents, receiving awards, Principal’s annual report, Chief Guest’s words of wisdom and great motivation help to keep the social threads intact in the children and their parents. Our school days are very very special to us as we do not out source at all and everything is achieved by the faculty and the students. We have had the privilege of having very eminent and inspiring Chief Guests over the years. The portals of RKK have always been blessed by the stellar and gracious presence of eminent celebrities, scholars, educational administrators and intellectuals from time to time since its inception. To name a few multi-faceted and acclaimed celebrities extending their support for gracing School Days have been –
- Shatrughan Sinha, Actor & Politician
- Dr. (Mrs) Kiran Bedi, Politician, Social Activist, retired IPS officer
- Dr. Karan Singh (M.P.), Author, Statesman, Educationist, Environmentalist
- Air Chief Marshal Shashindra Pal Tyagi, Central Air Command
- Maharani Gayatri Devi, Rajmata of Jaipur Royal Family
- Ms. Ryal Padamsee, Actor, Theatre Personality
- Ms. Nafisa Ali Sodhi, Social Activist
- Mr. Victor Banerjee, Actor
- Ms. Tavleen Singh Journalist, Author and Columnist
- Mrs. Rajshree Birla, Chairperson, Aditya Birla Group of Companies, Padam Bhushan Awardee
- Mr. Vinod Rai, Ex- Comptroller Auditor General of India
- Ms. Sanjana Kapoor, Actress, Theatre Personality
- Ms. Nandita Das, Actress, Director
- Mrs. Sharmila Tagore, Model, Actress
- Mr. Pawan Verma, IFS, Joint Secretary - Ministry of External Affairs
- Dr. Meenakshi Gopinath, Principal, Lady Shri Ram College
- Mr Maroof Raza, Consulting Editor (Strategic Affairs)
- Mrs Munmun Sen, Actress
- Rani Chandresh Kumari Sahiba
- Mr. Rajendra Singh, Waterman of India, Magsaysay Awardee
- Justice Nirmaljeet Kaur, Rajasthan High Court
- Mr. Farooq Sheikh, Actor & Theater Personality
- Prof. N L Mitra, V.C. of NLU Jodhpur
- Prof. MGK Menon, Padma Vibhushan Awardee, Secretary Government of India (Electronics, Science and Technology, Defence Research, Environment)
- Mr. YC Deveshwar, Chairman ITC
- Mrs. Meenakshi Gopinath, Indian educationist, political scientist, writer and a former principal of Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi
- Mr. Maroof Raza, retired Indian Army officer with experience in counter-insurgency operations. He is a consultant and strategic affairs expert on Times Now.
- Mrs. Jyotsna Brar .Founder Principal of RKK and Former Principal of Welham Girls' School, Dehradun
- Mrs. Sonia Singh, editorial director and president of the NDTV ethics committee
- Mrs. & Mr. Nitesh Tiwari, Indian film directors and screenwriter known for their works in Bollywood
- Mrs. Lata Vaidyanathan, honoured with the ‘National Award to Teachers’ in the year 2003 by the President of India.
- Mrs. Geeta Chandran, Indian Bharatanatyam dancer and vocalist
The school has also been blessed to host eminent personalities like His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Art of Living Guru – Pt. Shri Shri Ravi Shanker, Pradeep Upadhayay, Astro Uncle Pawan Sinha,Professor Yashpal, Professor M G K Menon, Director IIM Bangalore, famous artist Teejan Bai, Darsheel Safari etc who have frequently interacted with students and guided them with their words of intelligence and prudence.